Agenda for Hospitality Meeting, October 13, 2019
Here is the agenda for Sunday, October 13. We'll meet in the Meeting room after
11 o'clock worship. Let me know if you would like to add to the agenda and please
let me know if you can't attend.
We'll begin with settling in and brief sharing .
1. We need greeters and potluck helpers for:
- Oct. 20: greeter/refreshments:
- Oct. 27: greeter/refreshments:
- Nov. 3: greeter:
- Nov. 3: potluck:
- Nov. 10: greeter/refreshments
- Nov. 17: greeter/refreshments
If you can't attend the meeting, please sign up by email.
2. Suggestions for the Hospitality Committee
At last month's clerks retreat, suggestions were solicited on how best to conduct
committee meetings, and one particularly useful suggestion from John Hite was
to ask committee members. So, what suggestions do you have for our committee?
Here is what I might suggest:
- Have a definite end time for committee meetings. I think I have put too
much on each agenda with the consequence that meetings run too long. So, let's
start as soon after announcements as you have had a chance to have some refreshment
and return to the Meeting room. Then we'll focus on what agenda items we have
time for and finish an hour after we start. How does that sound?
- Continue online what we can't finish during a committee meeting. I know
not everyone is enamored of computer interactions, but is there a better alternative?
- Can one or two committee members discern the question of how best to compile
a list of potential volunteers to respond to visitor requests to meet with
a member of Meeting? And one or two committee members the question of how
best to compile a list of potential volunteers to respond to meal requests?
And then report back to the committee as a whole for consideration and approval?
Come with your suggestions.
Thank you, Friends.