Agenda for Hospitality Meeting, Wednesday September 16, 2020, 7pm
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/99242952623?pwd=bEY0U2UrekpKL1V4WmN3UDVNbkNudz09
1. Begin with silence
3. What do we think of being the first responder for emails to firstname.lastname@example.org?
It will have been 2 days short of a month since the Hospitality Committee was made first responder and there have been only
twofour emails in that period. So this seems less anxiety-producing than initially, but we should still discuss what to do going forward.
Here is what has happened since our last meeting: (complete history here)
- Aug 18: Hospitality was added to receive emails to email@example.com
- Aug 19: Email received inquiring about using Meetilng facilities. Reply sent with info, and matter handed over to Bldg & Grounds
- Aug 20: Request for zoom link to join meeting. Chris had already sent the link, and I added her address to listserv.
- Sept 09: Newsletter of Habitat for Humanity for Orange County (with no request to post it). I asked clerks if anyone wanted to sponsor it in enews and got only negative responses, so no more action taken.
- Sept 10: Newsletter of Orange County Dept. of Ageing (again no request to post it). Again only negative responses from clerks, so no more action taken.
Here is our current plan of action:
If the email to friends@chapelhillfriends is:
- a question like what we used to get while greeting, I will forward to Hart to handle.
- a question that I think I know how to respond to (like the oneregarding use of our facility), I will reply, cc'ing friends@chapelhillfriends, anyone else appropriate, and bcc'ing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a suggestion for further action you can let me (or the entire committee) know.
Note: email@example.com is a new email address you can use that goes to all members of the Hospitality committee
- a question that I don't know how to respond to, I will send it to hospitality-committee@chapelhillfriends, and possibly someone who I think might know, asking for feedback within 24 hours. Then:
- If feedback makes it clear how to respond, I will reply as in #2 above, or pass responsibility onto someone else to respond.
- If I still don't know how to respond, I will send a rather generic email saying we received your query and someone will get back to you within 48 hours, cc'ing friend@chapelhillfriend, and bcc'ing hospitality-committee@chapelhillfriends.
4. Anything else?
Thank you, Friends.