Minutes of Hospitality Meeting, October 13, 2019
We had a productive meeting this past Sunday! Attending: Annette, Buzz, Jennifer,
1. We need greeters and potluck helpers for the dates with ? below:
- Oct. 20: greeter/refreshments: Jennifer
- Oct. 27: greeter/refreshments: Quaker
- Nov. 3: greeter: Buzz
- Nov. 3: potluck: Quaker, ?, ?
- Nov. 10: greeter/refreshments: ?
- Nov. 17: greeter/refreshments: ?
2. Suggestions for the Hospitality Committee
- Have a definite end time for committee meetings. We'll start as promptly
after worship as we can and aim to end by 1:30
- Continue via email what we can't finish in a committee meeting.
- Jennifer volunteered to talk with Hart to discern how best to compile a
list of people willing to be contacted to meet a visitor in person who requests
such a meeting in response to our welcome
- In the interest of finding ways to support newcomers we will discuss at
our next meeting the idea of reinstituting newcomer teas.
- In our effort to support fellowship after meeting we are committed to providing
coffee, tea, and a light snack. We want to keep the food simple--a pick up
item that goes with coffee or tea. Quaker has offered to start a Google doc
of ideas for snacks that fit this description, and we hope all will contribute
their own ideas.
- We are questioning the need for Hospitality to get involved in coordinating
meals. When Care and Counsel gets a meal request, they often already know
the persons most likely to want to be involved. And when there is a need to
ask for assistance from the larger Meeting, an In the Light email
is perhaps the better option.
- Since we haven't had volunteers to host for Thanksgiving the past two years
we will not coordinate a Thanksgiving event this year.
- We learned that the Early School is planning to replace their non-functioning
freezer with an ordinary refrigerator. Buzz will send an email to Brad requesting
that he meet with representatives of Hospitality to discuss those plans to
make sure that our potluck and celebration needs are met in the schoolhouse.
- BTW. John will be absent on November 24, so Hospitality needs to set up
(make sure greeter materials are ready, set up hot water, cups, sugar, tea,
etc.) and clean up afterwards.
Thank you, Friends.